Friday, May 14, 2010

Vain Diagram!

Spell check ...Venn diagram Vain diagram And yes, pun intended!

It all started from attending a few social gatherings only to be welcomed by nothing less than 20 poster colors make up colours? on the faces of most of the daughters of Eve in attendance! Well, I excused it and gave it the benefit of the doubt that it had to be due to the parry event that allowed for so much artistic prowess make up.

Then it started to creep into the church...Then I became so uncomfortable not just because of that but so much as it had began to attract the kind ofbrothers men who are only about what they can see! This is of course in addition to the slits of skirts that go 'more' up and the blouses that go 'more' down! God help the brothers men the day both slits meet!!

Initially, the admonition by the Good Books that ,'' you are not of this world though in it'' became a struggle for me! What was a baby girl to do in the midst of such insane vanity! But then , I got to the bottom of it when I discovered that it is yet again, another empty quest for the mundane! So, I wisely categorized it into the,''a (wo)man's face life doesn't consist of the amount of things that (s)he paints possesses! I mean, do I really have to look that painted made up to prove anything? The answer is NO!

So, I can walk free bearing in mind that as loud dressings found their way into the four walls of the church , so also did loud painting make- up ! I really didn't think it could get my attention and or the dignity of a note! Not until ...

The other day in church, yours truly wanted to use the restroom and I wasn't at all surprised to meet other painters users who wouldn't allow honest users the space of a leg! I mean those of us who understand what a rest room really is! and intending to answer the call of nature and get back to the pews!l I mean?! Well, it does upset me a bit but I have since lived with it. Not until this fateful day when these two beautiful ladies I could bet with my wristwatch, would have been more beautiful save for the paint make up on their faces, started to quarrel in THE PUBLIC RESTROOM over who got to the mirror first! Gross!! That was at the time I realized I just had to say this to let us know that such vain seeking things aint all there was, is and will ever be about US! And for those who have categorized us all as so, you have only displayed what the danger of a single story can do!

From time to time, we may have need of that make up stuff or the other but please get it, it becomes plain vainglorious when we can not get on with our lives if we don't get to use it!. Don't get it twisted, I use paint make -up and I admit it sure helps enhance our look but I reckon it hardly covers the truism of our real selves and situations which is the person that resides in! We have loads of divas on the outside and tons of monsters on the inside!

If there is anything I can not do without, then that thing has become my idol! Besides, this crusade isn't about stopping the art, it is about putting it in the right perspective. You wear make up and since it is not clothing that covers nudity, why would the excessive wear of it make us feel inadequate?! Even at the risk of losing our lives! What more can we really say to this nudity thang sef when clothes barely cover the privates these days! Phew!

The endless, shameless, infinite sit-n-stare-n-do something routine in front of the mirror sucks! The self-righteous, self-assessing, 'self'-self task of admiring! I understand 'this do something' is made up of couple of artistic tasks and I also understand that brushes, to concealers, to mascara to whatchma call-it is all about the outward that perishes and that those beauty tricks that we so artistically wear to achieve those supposedly killer looks aint all the there is in a woman!So why don't we concentrate on the inward , intangible that can not fade! The real essence of us that if worked on, shines brighter and better! Instead of seeking to look like a vain diagram!









P.S: And before the brothers men begin to get comfy, I will get someone to tell me what they discuss in their own loos restrooms too! (cackling)



Awemoreborelanlay
14052010

3 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Lol @ this post. I never understand extremely painted faces. God help us!

Christie's Corner said...

Lol Bolanle,
this is so so true, have u ever gone for a wedding and wonder that the bride is looking extremely "old"?

I kind of like ur profile descriptn, and to top it all, u read the same books i read too! whoops!!, tell u what, ur my kind of gurl. Kip it up!!

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog