Friday, February 6, 2009

Who is your look-alike?

Who is your look-alike? Hun? Maybe that didnt hold water before now but you may have to have a re-think when u finish reading this:






FOxNews reports:




Obama Look-Alike Becomes Indonesia TV Star.

A Indonesian magazine photographer who bears a striking resemblance to Barack Obama is now collecting paychecks as a president-elect look-alike. That's not Barack Obama selling heartburn medication.It's Ilham Anas, an Indonesian magazine photographer who bears a striking resemblance to the president-elect.

The 34-year-old is now collecting paychecks as an Obama look-alike."At first my nose and eyes made me self-conscious, but now I think they are God's blessing," Ilham Anas told the Associated Press.

Like Obama, Anas is of American and Kenyan descent. His new life as an Obama double started after the November 2008 election."My colleagues played a practical joke on me -- they made me wear a suit, a tie, and took pictures of me posing as Obama," Anas told Reuters.From there, his notoriety soared."The pictures spread very quickly on the Internet, he told Reuters. "It was phenomenal.


Then TV stations and an advertising agency got in touch with me."Now, Anas is making public appearances around Asia, and even appeared in a heartburn medication commercial in the Philippines. While he won't be present in Washington, D.C., as Obama is inaugurated, Anas will be playing the part on Indonesian television.



Yahoo! News has this to say about it:
JAKARTA (Reuters) – Indonesian photographer Ilham Anas won't be at U.S. President Barack Obama's inauguration on Tuesday.


Instead he'll be starring as an Obama look-alike on Indonesian TV.Anas, 34, who from some angles bears a resemblance to the new U.S. president, shot to fame in Jakarta after Obama, 47, won the election in November, and is now earning income as an Obama double.


Many Indonesians have a keen interest in Obama, who lived in Jakarta for four years after his American mother, Ann Dunham, married Muslim Indonesian Lolo Soetoro following the end of her marriage to Obama's Kenyan father.


"When Obama won, my colleagues played a practical joke on me -- they made me wear a suit, a tie, and took pictures of me posing as Obama," ,Anas told Reuters on Saturday."The pictures spread very quickly on the Internet. It was phenomenal. Then TV stations and an advertising agency got in touch with me."That led to an appearance in a pharmaceuticals advertisement in the Philippines where he played Obama, who is due to be sworn in as the 44th U.S. president on Tuesday.Anas, who was born and raised in Bandung, West Java, said he feels lucky to resemble Obama.

"I never thought I would be a star in a commercial, then this happened. It's very fortunate," Anas said."I was in the airport in Malaysia in transit and a man approached me and asked: 'Are you Obama?'.I was very surprised when he asked to take a picture together and bought me a meal," said Anas, flashing a broad smile.


If he ever gets the chance to meet Obama, Anas said he would ask the U.S. president to take a firm stance in dealing with the conflict between Israel and Palestine.


Some 'gist' for the divas(U know I got 'our' backs ,dont you?{wink}Do you also know that a fashion store is looking for any first lady look alike? Divas, bring it on! Babes,where una dey? lol! shhhh... hope no 'bloke' is reading this part.

NB: U still think there isnt a big deal about being someone's doppelganger? hun? lol! As for me, I look like...watch out. And years down the lane, someone who looks like me is gonna be this (and more) fussed over& infact celebrated! You ask why? BCOS AM GONNA MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! and then it will matter if you look like moi!






Omobolanle

No comments: