Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wishing for a Slim Me©

I promised me
That I would start aerobics yesterday
But I had unbreakable engagements
So I left jogging for today
I woke up this morning feeling
Ready but I had to rush off early
To meet the morning bus.
“I’ll start tomorrow’, I told me (yet again)
I bought my trainers today.
Yes, I did.
I’ll be wearing the pink one or the track suit tomorrow.
No, maybe the pink one or the white set?
I settled for white,
Knowing in fleeting purity that I can still
Fit into my new Armani dress.
It is again another morning after anticipation,
I woke me up feeling like I have wasted 28 days
Just for my period to start jogging!
And as for a slim me?
Tomorrow never came.
Because the picture of a slim me
Remained what it was
A wish!

Bollarnle©

No comments: