Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anne Frank ...(4)

Anne Frank lost about five years of her life to a certain illness that can be simply described as diabolical. According to her,she was so ill that alot of times,she was said to have been pronounced dead. - Awemoreborelanlay

Darlyn, Anne has been sick ...1993
She is still sick and the doctors don't seem to know what is wrong with her... 1994
Still sick,I guess u miss her... 1995
Sick still ... 1996
SICK! ... 1997 -- - ---- --David, in her diary.

She picked Darlyn again and wrote in it after these periods. By my calculation,she was about 17 years old at the time and was in her final year in the secondary school. But that was not to be as she had to repeat the classes that she had missed in those years. This mean feat sank her into a depressed state,I figured from her explanations to me and from her diary. Awemoreborelanlay.

She writes...
Daryln, I have lost so much time in this life ,you know? I am so sad now and I wonder what I will be doing with my life. School! Mum and dad says I can write JAMB! When that evil illness came and took me away. That doctor that took out that candle is so bad . I all the more hate men ! They just irritate me. I will never get married to anyone of them. They all suck!

Today,mum told me that she was sorry for all that she had done to me in the past. Not believing me and all that. Well,I told her it was ok. She wants us to be best friends now. Darlyn,I think she is feeling sorry for me because I have to go back five years...

Mum bought the form for me today. My private lesson teachers have increased. Just so that I will pass the exams. WAEC is there too. Darlyn,quite a lot of exams for me these days. Hmmm. I really need to though,there is so much to catch up with . David is SS2 and would be writing the exams with me too. Now,we have to be in the same class if I pass. David still reads you,Darlyn.

Lessons,study,school,and more lessons... life sucks!


Perhaps it wont be too far from the truth to say these served as periods of sobriety for Anne. She didn't indulge in all those vices anymore. She was more interested in getting her life back. Besides, the addiction had been quelled by the years she stayed admitted in the various hospitals.

Anne didn't pass all her papers in the WAEC exams but she passed her JAMB but couldn't gain admission to the university because Mathematics was part of the subjects she would require for it. Again, Anne had to stay one more year at home...

Sadly too, she didn't write much in her diary either. She just cramped up all the more. She simply sank into more depression. But I tell you,this lady is so determined to get the best from school. Somehow,she hasn't lost it in the face of all that she is going through. My judgment, though.

Day 4
Awemoreborelanlay

No comments: