Thursday, August 20, 2009

Anne Frank begins.

''Today, I start to write in this diary. The many things happening to me in this life. '' - Anne Frank.
Wednesday, April 4th, 1990. Mummy said I didn’t behave well today at school. She said I didn’t act my age either and that I still thought I was a kid. Was it not just yesterday she told me that I am a child and was not to get that big piece of meat! I really don’t get it. Maybe, when my birthday comes, she will give me another reason why I wont eat that kind of big meat. Just maybe. That lesson teacher is so disturbing. I don’t like arithmetic and I doubt if I ever will. Here he comes, I have to go, diary. Talk to you tomorrow. The day ends when that lesson teacher comes!!

Thursday, April 5th, 1990. I like my new pair of socks. So white and I am sure it will bring some attention to me today. Susan will want her mum to buy her new ones too. Dairy, I wasn’t to wear those socks today, mum didn’t know I wore it because I put it in my bag and wore it on the way to school. She thought I still had the old one. She told me to behave my age yesterday and that is what I am doing. I should be able to wear my socks when I feel like it. By now, I wash my socks myself am happy! Like I thought, Susan told her mum to buy her socks too. That girl! She likes my kind of things. I went with her to her house today after school. My driver didn’t come and when he did, and looked everywhere for me and didn’t find me, he went home. Only to return with mum to find me waiting. Mummy blamed him that he didn’t find me and they took me home. I was lucky to escape that. Diary, back at Susan’s house wasn’t a good gist though. How was I to explain to anyone that that uncle that lives near Susan’s house wanted me to come with him. I really don’t know why he wanted me to come to his house but something tells me that it isn’t a good idea. Yeah, that reminds me, last year when we went to the village for Christmas, another uncle of my uncle’s wife’s brother wanted me to come with him to his house. I had gone with him already and was still eating the food he gave me when mum came to get me there. And she beat me so much that day that I knew I wasn’t going to ever tell her about this one again or another! Why would only uncles want you to come with them? The aunties don’t seem to care. Diary, maybe, uncles are nicer than aunties? Maybe. So, that was how today went. That uncle in my village was touching my hair as I ate. WHy? Dad doesn't do that or mum!

Friday, April 6th, 1990. Susan thinks that uncle near her house is nice too and she wants me to come with her today to see him. She told me that he brought her many sweets and biscuits. I never got as many biscuits as I wanted and when I asked dad, mum won’t let him buy them. So, maybe that uncle could help with that. Susan said I didn’t have to tell anyone when that uncle gives me those things. I won’t. So, after school hours, we went to the uncle’s place. He was so happy to see us. He brought out many nice things- sweets, biscuits and chocolates! I knew this uncle will be my favorite for long! Wow! We had to leave early today because I didn’t want the driver to come waiting for too long. So, I went home and when mum checked my bag and found those things, she asked how and where I got them but I didn’t say anything and she beat me.

Saturday, April 7th 1990 I was so sick that I was in bed all day. Diary, I want to go away from my house! It is so somehow here. I get beaten for taking sweets again? Anyway, I don’t have anything to say today. I am not feeling well.

Monday,April 9th 1990 Am sorry, diary, I didn’t tell you anything yesterday. I was still ill. Nothing happened. Only that mum kept saying a lot of things I didn’t like and she was still asking who it was that I stole the sweets from.Even today, I had to pretend I was better so as to go to school to see that uncle and eat a lot of sweets. This time, I won’t take too much so that mummy won’t check my bag and beat me again. Susan was not happy at school today, I asked her why and she took me to the back of the class room and told me. She said that that uncle was a bad uncle. Bad uncle? I asked her. I don’t understand Susan, diary. She promised telling me more tomorrow. But all through the night, that was what I thought about. I was really sad that we didn’t go to the uncle today, I really wanted sweets! Mummy searched my bag and found nothing. She said that the people I stole from had kept their stuff well today! I went to bed very sad.

Tuesday, April 10th 1990 Susan told me that that uncle was touching her in different parts of her body. I still don’t get it. Maybe, he wanted to give her sweets. I wanted Susan to talk us there. But she said her mum told her that when an uncle or any man touched her that she was going to have a baby. A baby? Diary, can Susan have a baby now that mum still calls us babies? I don’t get the whole thing. Where did he touch her? Even Susan couldn’t tell me. She told me that she has stopped going there and would want me to do the same. I didn’t have a choice as it was her that took me there. I really miss the sweets. A lot too.

Wednesday. Mum told me early this morning that I would change my school . I am glad and sad at the same time. Because I would meet many new friends and sad because I would miss my best friend,Susan.I think I would meet another nice uncle and eat a lot of sweets. Right, diary?.
Exams! I have to study hard, mum said so that I can get the transfer to the school she wanted for me. Diary, I have to keep you somewhere for a long while. I will let you know how the whole thing went later.

August 25th 1990 Today is Saturday! Well, I missed you so much diary. Did u miss me too? . Me? I am looking forward to school in two weeks. I would meet new people too. I miss Susan and I still hope to find out what that uncle did to her.But she just wont make me understand. She looked so sad that day.

Monday10th September, 1990. Few days to my birthday, diary! I hope they remember my birthday this year. I went to my new school and my friends didn’t like me. I don’t like them either. I want my new school back. Mum won’t let me choose my school. I am not sure I like my mummy! Even daddy is just there. I feel this house is just too boring for me to like. The uncles and aunties here are just too wicked.

Tuesday 11th September, 1990. I made a new friend today because I shared my biscuits with him. His name is Paul. Paul is nice to me and he showed me round the school and I was happy. I like Paul, diary. He is my first friend in my new school.

Wednesday 12th September, 1990. I made more friends. It was Paul that helped me make them. I like them too- David, Sarah, Bridget, Eunice and Margret. I like Sarah- she makes all of us laugh so much. I am beginning to like my new school and friends too! It didn’t matter how long I stayed at home, I always wanted to be with my friends in school.

Yippee,today is the 14th, and I cant wait for my birthday to be here. I think ten years is a good age to be big indeed. Right,diary? Mum said I would take some sweets to my school and cakes too. Last year was so bad because my cake fell on the way to school. I cried so much that day. Mum beat me when I got home that day. Was it not my cake that got broken? I don't like my mum,diary. I am so sure now. She beats me a lot! I like you diary instead, though you cant talk back to me ,you are here to listen. My birthday is comingggggggggg. Goodnight.

Mum bought my cake today from that cake shop down the road. Today is Sunday .
Yesterday ,she bought the sweets that I would take to school. Daddy said he would buy me a new dress but he hasn't. I will wait till the end of today for the magic he wants to do. Dad is too busy to have my time while mum is too much on my case. I wish it was different. Diary,am glad you are here..

Monday,17th September,1990. I am ten years old today! I have come to tell you that first,diary. I am thinking of giving you a name. I would soon. I want us to be closer. That is mum yelling early already at something I didn't do right. Even my birthday isn't spared?! I do hope today goes well,diary. It has started on a bad note. Talk to you later.

Today at school was ok. Everyone said my cake tasted nice. Paul and Bridget are so nice. They are brother and sister and they told me stories of how their mum and dad take them out every weekends. I asked Bridget if she had any wicked uncle or aunt and she said no. I guess wicked aunties and uncles are only meant for me. I asked if I could come leave in their house and they said my mum wont let me. I know they are right. Happy birthday to me. Dad said he loves me. I don't believe him.

Dear diary, I want to take a break from you today and will be back in December. Long? Yes, I have some people who have come to live here with me in my room and mum and dad said they will be here for that long. I wont be able to talk to you like I would want to. So till they go,I will try and keep records of all that happened to me. Ok?
Today is 30th September.

Diary, am so sad. I had to come to you quickly and bring you with me to the toilet. The uncle and aunt that have come to stay with me in my room are bad people. They are doing some funny things to themselves and they disturb me very night. The sounds they make is so loud and disturbing. What do they do? I don't know and cant explain ...Ok,yes. I can explain a little. The uncle stays on top of the aunt and they just shout! My bed is so big and can take all of us but the sound is so loud. I can't tell mum ,she wont believe me. Why would they be so loud .Why would they not sleep side by side instead of disturbing me at night. And when I look,they shout even more but that shout is louder than the one they make when they are together. I am sad. I don't understand alot of things and I cant ask anyone. Good! I will ask Paul and Bridget when I get to see them soon.
Today is December 20th,1990.

Happy new year to you ,diary. That uncle has left now and the aunty is still there. She has started to be nice to me. She said I am beautiful. Today is 31st December ,1990.



N.B: The names mentioned here are fictitious and does not bear resemblance with any persons or group of persons living or dead.
Awemoreborelanlay
Day 2.

No comments: