Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's call it ,''The Diary of Anne Frank''.

Have you ever had access to someone's diary? Well,maybe a few of us nosy parkers. I got quite interested in seemingly intriguing folks while growing up,so I would comb their drawers in search of that little secret and your guess is as good as mine, I got caught a couple of times. Miraculously, as the years rolled by, you could almost write my death sentence and address to the assassin and ask me to deliver it without me wanting to check through! I just lost the ''zeal''. If it wasn't addressed to me, I wont open it. Guess that had to do with the fact that I have come to understand that we all have our little (and BIG) secrets too! Truthfully though, with people that I care so much about,I tend to find myself desiring to be a part of their everything. I try...I don't push it!

But the gist of this day is about one that is seeking or rather has sought my permission to read her business! Her diary,I mean. I kid you not,people. I talk to you about a diary that bears some of the most amazing,silliest,craziest,dirtiest secrets of this young lady in just 29 years of her life! Invitation to poke?! Wonders will never cease. I should have simply waited till now those years that I fought to read other people's stuff!

''Awemoreborelanlay is my friend on Facebook. Though we have never met, I want her to write my story. Would you bring her to have my diary read and written in her style? I think I like that gal's attitude to writing and stuff. I think she is mad enough to handle 'me' story' - her words to her brother as I was told.

I was contracted and contacted! And, I agreed...

Now, did I hear those who know Omobolanle say,''it is only Awemoreborelanlay that could have agreed to that kinda arrangement!'' *Laughing out loud*! You bet!

She doesn't live in Lagos,so I had planned a visit to see her. Luckily,it was the same week I was to be out of Lagos!

It was easy locating the address her brother gave me... And so with the cloak of Awemoreborelanlay on, I was at her bedside.

She had asked to be taken home and also expressed how that she would want to die in her room- yeah! hER room. Where she had written from over the years. Her room where she had cried from over the years. Yes,indeed where she had laughed so hard and loud and said all those things to herself. It was this same room that for 29 years that she had dreamed those dreams and thought that they would come to pass.
Shush...this same room had also housed her doubts! How can these things be? She had truthfully always doubted! It is safer to come in terms with that bitter truth now ,after all,life was ebbing out slowly and surely...

I have gone and come back with the ''trailer '' load of diaries and in the weeks that will follow, I shall be sharing with you ,''The Diary of Anne Frank.''

No comments: